Bots are everywhere, chances are you have probably already interacted with one. There is a lot of discussions around their potential for business and users, but what can they really do for us and what role they can play in your business?
What is a chatbot?
First of all, you may be wondering what a chatbot is. See an example below!
Where have they come from?
Chatbots are just the tip of the iceberg and are part of a broader ecosystem called Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Both have existed for a long time, what is new, is that they’re now intelligent enough to learn and act based upon previous experience. This is what we call ‘Machine Learning’ and it’s now accessible at a small cost.
Some things you might not realise are based on AI and Machine learning include: email filtering, intrusion detection, optical character recognition, computer vision, Netflix user recommendation…etc.
You might be surprised to learn that Netflix recommendation is not a simple algorithm but is based on Machine Learning. I have heard that it splits people into more than 2,000 taste groups. I bet they know more than you know about your own taste!
So how to leverage chatbots for your business?
There are multiple reasons why you would want a chatbot, but don’t add a bot just because it’s the new trend.
- They don’t take holidays and are never sick.
- A bot is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- They will have the answer to any question.
- A bot can be connected to all of the relevant data that the company has available.
- It’s the perfect brand ambassador.
- How a bot speaks is based on your brand and tone of voice.
- They’re fast.
- A bot can handle multiple conversations at the same time.
- They can go everywhere.
- Once created, a bot can be deployed to many platforms.
There are a plethora of areas where a bot could excel:
- Interactive FAQs
- Troubleshooting customer service agent - before escalating to a human agent
- Consultant: helping you make smarter choices
- Healthcare: Anonymously helping you with product related questions.
Of course, people are different and we all want to be treated as unique. A chatbot is just another medium you can use to engage with your users and give them a unique experience. But if you give them a bad experience there is a smaller chance they will come back!!
Interested in introducing chatbot into your digital roadmap? Get in touch today!